With special focus on oral hygiene techniques.
What is a dental hygienist?
A dental hygienist is a specially trained, licensed dental practitioner who focuses on examining patients for signs of oral diseases, providing treatment and carrying out preventative dental care. They play a core role in oral healthcare and are mainly concerned with gum health - showing people individualized at-home oral care to help keep the teeth and gums healthy. Dental hygienists work closely with dentists to meet the specific needs of patients.
Dental hygienists at Dr. Michael's Dental Clinic in Dubai specialize in oral health assessment and preventive dental care for patients, with special focus on oral hygiene techniques.
Our dental hygienists carry out:
- Patient screening procedures
- Professional teeth cleaning including tooth scaling and tooth polishing and debridement to remove calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth
- Educating patients appropriate oral hygiene techniques to maintain oral health such as toothbrushing and flossing
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
- Performing in-office teeth whitening procedures (Zoom teeth whitening, laser teeth whitening)