Dr. Mai Kamar
Specialist Pediatric Dentist, Egypt
Children's Dental Center, Dubai
Dr. Mai Kamar is a Specialist Pediatric Dentist with nearly 12 years of experience in providing full-spectrum dental services for babies, children and teens. She is also trained to treat special needs patients and uncooperative and anxious young patients under nitrous oxide and general anesthesia.
She offers preventative regimens, programs that are designed to evaluate patients’ susceptibility for caries using the Caries Risk Assessment Tool advocated by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Her program also involves dietary analysis and counseling.
She performs root canal treatments for primary teeth, crowns and fillings for cavities and interceptive orthodontics which involves early intervention to prevent development of malocclusions.
Dr. Mai believes in building an ongoing relationship between herself and her patients. She ensures that all aspects of evaluations and treatments are delivered in a family-centered manner where parents take an active part every step of the way.
She graduated with a BDS from Alexandria University in 2003 and earned her Master’s degree in Pediatric Dentistry from the same university in 2010.
She speaks English and Arabic.
Elective Specialist Courses
- Mini-residency in Pediatric Dentistry at at Indiana University School of Dentistry – November 2016
- Myobrace Myofunctional Appliances Course for Interceptions Orthodontics September 2015
- Laser Dentistry - October 2015 Global Education
- Endodontics (Professor Gopi Krishna) 2015 Global Education
- Nitrous Oxide - Global education 2015
- The European University College – March 2014
- Orofacial Genetics seminar
- Molar Incisor Hypomineralization seminar
- Hands-on course on preformed crowns on primary and permanent teeth
- Restorative Dentistry Course 1- State of the Art of Anterior and Posterior Restorations. AEEDC 2013
- Restorative Dentistry Course 2 - Advance Anterior Composite Course (Direct Veneer and Diastema Closure) AEEDC 2013
- Introduction to evidence Based Dentistry – 2008
- Early orthodontic intervention in Pediatric& General practice 200
- Intensive Pediatric Dentistry course – 2008
- Critical factors in implant Aesthetics, immediate loading and sinus lifting – 2006
- Endodontic course (Densply Protaper) – 2005
- Dental implantology (A.O.I.A.) (I.C.O.I.) – 2004
- Occlusion (Jones) – 2002
- Crown and bridge (Rosen Steel) – 2002