Dr. Samy Darwish
Consultant Periodontist and Oral Surgeon, UK
BSc, BDS, MFDRCS DipDSed, MSc, MClinDent, MRDRCS, LLM, FDSRCS
Dubai Healthcare City
Dr. Samy is a highly distinguished Consultant Periodontist and Oral Surgeon who joins Dr. Michael’s Dental Clinic with many years of specialized postgraduate education and training in the UK.
Dr. Samy graduated with a BSc in Anatomy & Cell Biology in 1995 and a BDS from Guy's & St Thomas', University of London in 1997.
He pursued further postgraduate studies at King’s College London. In 2001, he received a Diploma in Dental Sedation (DipDSed) and went on to become a Member of the Faculty of Dental Surgery in Ireland (MFDRCS).
He completed his Master's in Periodontology (MSc) in 2004, then in 2006, he received his Master's in Clinical Dentistry in Periodontology (MClinDent) and his Membership in Restorative Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRDRCS).
Dr. Samy then went on to pursue an interest in Medical Law and Ethics and earned his Master's in Law from Cardiff Law School (LLM). In the same year, he earned his Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (GCAP) and became an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He then achieved his Fellowship in Dental Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh (FDSRCS).
Dr. Samy has been heavily involved in teaching and training dentists since the year 2000 and has served as Clinical Teacher at King’s College London and Assistant Professor at the Mohammed Bin Rashid University in Dubai. He is an examiner and trainer for the Royal College of Surgeons.
His areas of expertise consist of the following, for which he is happy to receive referrals:
- Periodontology – management of acute or chronic gum diseases and bone regeneration
- Oral Surgery – extraction of teeth, impacted wisdom teeth, surgical root canal treatment, removal of teeth to create space for orthodontics, removal of salivary gland stones as well as lumps and bumps from inside the mouth
- Sedation – the use of sedative medication to manage nervous patients or patients that prefer to be unaware of procedures
- General Anaesthesia – use of a full General Anaesthetic with an Anaesthetist in an Operating Theatre
- Facial Pain – neuralgias as well as management of jaw joint problems including clicking, locking, grinding of teeth and muscle spasms
- Oral Medicine – assessment of ulcers and abnormal white and red patches of gums and cheek
- Dental Implants – surgical replacement of teeth including bone grafting
- Cancer screening – checking for signs of oral cancer and diagnosis
He speaks English and Arabic.