What happens in a typical first dental checkup for babies?
What is early childhood caries?
Milk does not get stuck in between teeth but when it pools in your baby’s mouth all night long, the bacteria in the mouth feed on lactose (the sugar in milk) and produce acids that break down the tooth structure and cause cavities on a child’s milk teeth.
What happens when a baby gets decayed teeth?
6 practical ways to avoid early tooth decay
- Give your child water after each feed.
- Wipe your child’s teeth with wet cotton after each feed.
- Use fluoride toothpaste twice daily after breakfast and before bedtime.
- Avoid nighttime feeding.
- Avoid giving your child juices which are concentrates of sugar and acids.
- Regular dental checkups every six months.