Dental Filling in Dubai
Save and protect
for a long-lasting smile
Benefits of Dental Filling
Dental fillings are also used to restore a chipped tooth or any tooth that has been worn down. This may have occurred due to teeth grinding or habits such as nail biting. Fillings are made with different materials which may be determined by the dentist during your consultation.
Types of Dental Filling
Proceeding with gold filling brings great durability with powerful strength for chewing forces. Some also prefer gold for its aesthetics over silver and as an accessory that pleases the eye. One disadvantage you may come across is the cost, especially in comparison to amalgam.
This is your Year To Smile
You deserve world-class dental care. Get started today!
GOT QUESTIONS, CHECK FAQ
The durability of a filling depends on the type of material used and how severe your case is, however, your dental care also affects how long it lasts.
- Gold dental fillings: using a gold material lasts the longest when compared with other substances from around 15 to 30 years.
- Amalgam dental fillings: These silver compounds can last an average of 10 to 15 years.
- Composite dental fillings: Having this type of dental filling may look best aesthetically for a natural approach, however, they need to be replaced usually every 5 to 7 years.
Following the guidance provided by the dentist, your dental filling can last even longer than expected.
- Follow a healthy diet. Avoid often snacking and decrease your intake in refined and unrefined sugars.
- Keep a healthy dental routine in mind. With regular brushing and flossing, you keep your mouth clean which prevents any future decay and protects your dental filling.
- Visit a dentist regularly for routine checkups. A professional teeth cleaning with a dental hygienist further helps in ensuring there is no plaque sitting on your teeth and they can spot early signs of any dental risk.
The longer you leave a cavity untreated, the worse the consequences! If you leave a tooth to decay, it may be too late to save the tooth and instead of a filling, you may need a root canal treatment. There is no need to prolong a cavity as it will only get worse. Our dentists would love to deliver the best professional guidance to give you a path of good oral health.