Specialist Pediatric Dentists
We make every dental visit easier for children.
What is a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists or pedodontists are pediatricians of dentistry. Children are not always patient and cooperative during dental visits. Pediatric dentists are specially trained to examine and treat children in ways that make them feel at ease. A pediatric dentist has two to three years additional specialized training following four years of dental school and is dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years.
Specialist Pediatric Dentists at Dr. Michael's Children's Dental Center are specially trained to examine and treat children in ways that make them feel at ease.
- Infant oral health exams including risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
- Pediatric dental emergencies