It is recommended that we see our dentist once every six months. Those who are at greater risk for oral diseases may require more frequent dental visits. A check-up allows your dentist to assess your overall oral health and it is very important in detecting early problems like cavities and gum diseases.
If you are coming to see one of our dentists for the first time, your first appointment will take between 40 to 60 minutes. This covers the following:
- General dental exam (teeth)
- Soft tissue examination for any abnormal lesions in mouth, throat and the surrounding structures
- Occlusal exam (bite analysis)
- TMJ exam (temporomandibular joint or jaw joints)
- Aesthetic exam (appearance of the teeth and gums)
- Radiographic exam (x-rays) and diagnosis