With special focus on preventive dental care
What is a dental hygienist?
A dental hygienist is a specially trained, licensed dental clinician who focuses on examining patients for signs of oral diseases and carrying out maintenance and preventative dental care. They play a core role in oral healthcare and are mainly concerned with gum health - showing people personal oral care to help keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dental hygienists work closely with dentists to meet the specific needs of patients.
Our dental hygienists carry out:
- Patient screening procedures
- Professional teeth cleaning
- Guided Biofilm Therapy using the EMS Airflow® technology
- Educating patients on oral hygiene techniques
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
- Performing in-office teeth whitening procedures (Zoom teeth whitening, laser teeth whitening)