Why You Don't Floss...
the excuses are endless.
Why You Should Floss...
Don’t forget bad breath too. It has been scientifically proven that 90 per cent of chronic halitosis cases derive from the bacteria and decomposing food in our mouths. There are some 20 different types of bad breath causing bacteria that live in the mouth at all times.
How To Floss – The Correct Way
- Take a length of floss from fingers to elbow.
- Wrap floss securely around the middle fingers being sure to leave about six inches of slack between.
- Use thumbs for upper teeth and index fingers for lower teeth.
- When inserting floss between the teeth please be gentle, do not force it, wriggle into place. Wrap in a “C” shape around each side of the tooth surface.
- Wipe up and down, do not use a sawing back and forth action. Work methodically around the mouth start in one place maybe upper left then always finish lower right so you know you have cleaned between every space in the whole mouth.