The advantage of the No Drills, No Needles approach:
- Rules out biggest fear of visiting the dentist, i.e. needles.
- Saves time that otherwise goes in waiting for anesthesia to set in.
- Makes it possible to do multiple teeth in different quadrants of the mouth. This is otherwise not suggested, as child will have to be numbed in multiple sites.
- Sometimes children come fasting for the appointment under conscious sedation. If they are numbed, they cannot eat for couple of hours even after the treatment to avoid accidental cheek or lip bites. With laser treatment, they can eat fifteen minutes after.
- There is no risk of traumatic bite which is quite common after anesthesia as children accidentally bite or pinch on numb cheeks and lips.
To conclude, laser dentistry is truly a Needle-free and Drill-free approach in dentistry. This is a contemporary doorway opening many new trajectories in the field of Pediatric Dentistry.