Smile Recipe: Hot and Sweet Fruit Salsa
Dr Michaels Dental Clinic
This hot-sweet blend not only benefits your health, teeth and smile, it’s also delicious served over chicken or fish.
- 6 kiwi fruits, peeled and diced
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and finely chopped
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and shredded
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
- 6 - 8 drops stevia, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 - 6 drops hot sauce (your favorite brand)
- ½ cup green salsa (any brand)
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped, any type, green is especially tasty
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large glass bowl, place the fruit, onion and cilantro, prepare as noted.
- In a small bowl, mix the stevia, cayenne, hot sauce, green salsa, and lime juice.
- Pour the sauce over the fruit and stir thoroughly and gently to blend spices with the fruit. Taste and add more green salsa, hot sauce, or stevia if desired. Chill or serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers, up to 2 days.
- Serve with any tortilla chip.
Note: a flax seed or plain chip is suggested to emphasize the spicy-sweet of the salsa.
Packed with Vitamin C, this amazing salsa helps to whiten teeth, massage the gums, stimulate saliva, and scrub your teeth!