A high horsepower blender works best to pulverize the ingredients allowing the body to easily absorb the nutrients and antioxidants in the fruit and kale.
- 8 ounces brewed green tea (plain, chilled)
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 4 kale leaves
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon xylitol (Note: Raw xylitol can be bought in most health food stores, including Whole Foods, and is available online)
- Brew green tea and chill.
- In a blender, add ice, green tea, Greek yogurt, and kale. Blend until no large pieces of kale are visible.
- Add the other ingredients and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Kale is a nutritional standout in three basic areas:
- antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients
- micronutrients and vitamins
- cancer-preventive nutrients called glucosinolates
Blueberries provide powerful antioxidants but can result in teeth staining. To reduce staining, you can substitute the blueberries with one orange or drink this through a straw!