What is the Inman Aligner?
How does it work?
Is it comfortable to wear?
How often should a patient wear it? Does the amount of time it is being worn affects it’s effectively?
How different is the Inman Aligner from the other orthodontic alternatives?
Who is a candidate for the Inman Aligner?
- Healthy teeth and gums
- Upper/lower front teeth with mild/moderate crowding and differential wear
- Relapse from earlier orthodontic treatment due to failed retention
- For busy people who cannot wear orthodontic appliance since Inman Aligner can easily be removed for an important meeting/phone call
- Preferably do 1 arch at the time and if you only need to treat upper or lower teeth
How long does a general case take?
What can patients expect when they start wearing it?
What’s involved in the treatment?
- Impressions and photos are taken.
- Discussion with the patient which tooth is in most favorably position, etc.
- Measure the width of one tooth for calibration.
- Instructions given how to insert/remove the Inman Aligner
- Place the composite “tags” to keep the bow in right place.
- If needed create space by “stripping” between the teeth with very thin diamond strips.