Dr. Marwan Al-Obeidi, Up Close & Personal
Dentistry is not just about teeth and Dr. Marwan Al-Obeidi couldn’t agree more. For him health promotion plays a rather big role in our everyday life. “I feel that by improving the oral health of my patients and by guiding them to better oral care at home I am ensuring that my patients are always healthy and happy!”
Dr. Marwan moved to Dubai earlier this year to take his career a step further, explore new horizons and bask in the sunshine.
“Dubai and London are great in their own way,” he said. “Dubai is warm, so are the people, has dazzling architecture and filled with activities, London is steeped with history and culture, filled with beautiful scenery and buildings, and compared to Dubai very green! The capital of the world!”
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
- The Godfather!
- Yes, I make the best Risotto
- My wife and I are expecting our first baby girl!
- Football and tennis
- On certain days I like to pursue outdoor activities such as Quad biking (which I found exhilarating in the Desert) and playing tennis.
- I spend a lot of time following my favourite teams Chelsea and AC Milan.
- My mother. She’s also a dentist!
- Floss, Floss, Floss!!!
- I would make frowning illegal.
When asked what makes dentistry so rewarding, he said “My job is rewarding because sometimes even the simplest treatment can change the patient’s confidence in himself/herself and I feel that I am part of a larger global healthcare promotion program.”
Helping patients earn confidence with the way they smile, and relieving their discomfort are among his many motivations. “I love my job because I meet so many different people every day from such varied backgrounds and different walks of life.”